PurposeInformation gateway between SQL Server and Cloud environment
1-Reads monitor meta data from the cloud (https://monitoring.sqltreeo.com). 2-Connects to SQL Servers found in meta data and retrieve metrics. 3-Send metric data back to the cloud
1. Download the agent
- Go to https://monitoring.sqltreeo.com and login
- Go to Configuration (via left panel menu)
- Click on Agents (left panel menu)
- Above screenshot shows where you can download the agent
- overwrite SQLTreeoAgent.exe with the version from the downloaded package.
- If the file is in use, stop the service via Windows Services and retry step 1.
3. Install a new environment
- Extract SQLTreeoAgent.exe and place it in a folder of your choice where you want to install it in.
- Double-click SQLTreeoAgent.exe and enter your Cloud login details and login.
- Choose your monitoring environment (you can have more than 1)
- Choose if you want to install it as a service or run as a console app.
- If you choose to run it as a console app the monitoring will start immediately with monitoring.
Required Actions after install / upgradeIf you have installed SQLTreeo Monitoring as a service (either before upgrade or as a new install) then you can start the service. If you choose to run it as a console app then the SQLTreeo Monitoring will start monitoring immediately until you close the command box or press any key. After that the monitoring stops until you start it again.
[…] new SQLTreeo Monitoring Agent release has been released. Download and (install / overwrite the existing […]